Wednesday, May 13, 2009

...The past few weeks





















I have a bit of catching up to do...

Well lets see. The night of April 23, I crawled into bed around 3 am (silly of me staying up that late to watch a movie, but anyway...) and woke up to my sister calling (around 6 am) to tell me she was heading to the hospital for contractions. I got up, showered, packed the car (because I needed to take all the things we needed in Tennessee for the summer at that time), gave Jordan and big, long kiss and hug goodbye, and started driving to Texas. It was around 8 am by the time I got on the road.... So with only 3 hours of sleep, I managed to make the long drive, and I got there around 1:30 am! I drove straight through! Well, with the occasional gas and potty break I got there in about 17 hours... Oh and not to mention I had to bring the kitties with me! They are very good sports when traveling and slept pretty much the whole time, which I was very grateful for
SO, when I arrived at the hospital Linda was doing well, feeling the effects of that epidural... I was able to drop the cats off at her apartment, grab some real food and head back over just in time for her to begin pushing. I won't go into detail but a few pushes later, around 5:25 am saturday morning, baby Chamiyu (cha-my-you) was born! He was 7lbs 4oz. And so little and cute.
By the time I got back to my sister's apt, I had been awake for a loooong time (over 28 hours) and needed sleep or I was going to fall over. I did eventually get to sleep around 10:30 am, and it was much needed!!

Jordan and I are both in Tennessee for the summer. Jordan's working hard and doing well. Knoxville is nice and we enjoy being here, despite the fact that we do miss our house a lot. I am currently on a job hunt, and can't wait to start working.


Lastly, a few days ago was Mother's Day; and I hope all the Mothers out there had a wonderful day and a great time with their families :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh wow. What a drive. You're amazing, Diana. I'll bet your sister was so happy to have you there. What cute kids!

Diana and Jordan said...

Aw, thanks Lindsay! It was a pretty long drive and glad I made it! It was nice being there for her.