Sunday, October 17, 2010

2 more weeks and counting every second


Ahhh. In 2 weeks we get to go home! I can't wait. Although I loooved being near the beach and I really enjoyed the weather here, enough is enough. I'm counting down the days, hours and minutes until we get to go home. If we get lucky, we might even be home for Halloween night so I can pass out candy to the little vampires, princesses, rock stars, or crime fighting action heroes that visit our home on their way through the neighborhood :)

I've already thought of what I need to do when we get back. AFTER we get to see all of our dearly missed friends!!! :) :)

1st: tackle the garage. it's a disaster. I'd like to actually be able to park a car in there, or maybe turn it into a fun game room, food storage or possibly a room for pup?

2nd: steam clean our carpets. we neglected to get them cleaned before we moved in (it's a little disturbing when I think of it now and how many people probably walked through that house while on the market or when the previous owners were there... yucky)... the living room has a huge stain in the center of the room and there are a few other spots here and there.

3rd: landscape the backyard. we've got weeds and dirt back there right now. I would love to plant some grass, get a nice patio set and a bbq grill. maybe built a little fire pit and plant some trees and flowers. nothing too elaborate, just enough to make it a little more like home.

4th: window treatments. my windows are all curtain less... I got a bunch for my birthday, but I haven't hung them up yet.

5th: fix the bathtub. I'm not sure about you but I love taking baths! the water comes out cold and when I turn the knob to hot the water shuts off... so sad. anyone know a plumber that could walk me through fixing something like that?!

6th: organize and replenish our food storage. Robyn and I have been trying to go canning forever ;) maybe we'll get the chance to!

7th: plan a trip to new york.

8th: have game nights :)

9th: take Jordan to Brio... his absolute favorite restaurant.

10th: get ready for the company cruise to Mexico in November!

No comments: